When you want a permanent solution to replace missing teeth, dental implants from Downtown Dental in Los Angeles are a strong, long-lasting, natural-looking dental restoration. With dental implants, it is possible to replace one or multiple missing teeth, avoid the drawbacks of dentures, and have a secure smile that is customized just for you.
Facts About Dental Implants
Missing teeth are caused by a variety of reasons – poor oral health, gum disease, an accident, aging, a sports injury, and more. Whatever the reason for their absence, the reality is this – you don’t have to settle for a broken-down smile that is missing teeth.
Dental implants are one of the most successful ways to complete your smile. Here are some facts to know about this effective dental restoration:
- Quality construction: Dental implants are made of a titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jawbone and a prosthetic tooth is bonded to the post.
- Versatile: An implant can stand alone as a single repair or be used in conjunction with a dental bridge or implant-anchored denture.
- Permanent: Dental implants do not require adhesives and they never come out. They’re in your jaw, permanently.
- Supportive: Teeth adjacent to the missing tooth or teeth are in danger in shifting around in the mouth, threatening alignment and damaging tissues, but implants make nearby teeth stronger.
- Life-altering: If you have missing teeth, you will automatically look older than you are but, over time, sagging skin or a hollow look will develop where the jawbone is unstimulated. Dental implants counteract this side effect of missing teeth.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Once your Los Angeles dentist has determined that you are a good candidate for dental implants, the surgical procedure will take place over several visits. Here is what you can expect:
- Evaluation: A critical part of prep is your dentist’s evaluation of your bone and gum tissue to identify spacing needs and confirm that there is enough bone density to handle an implant. It may be discovered that a bone graft is necessary.
- Surgery: The dental implant restoration is a two-part procedure done under sedation and numbing agents. The surgery involves the placement of the implant into the jawbone. The post that will hold the artificial tooth is often placed on the implant at this time too as well as a temporary tooth.
- Healing: It can take several months for the surgical area to heal completely. Be patient – your mouth must heal properly and the implant must integrate successfully into the jawbone. Your dentist will monitor your progress.
- Fitting: When the implant has successfully bonded with the jaw, the temporary crown will be removed from the post and a permanent artificial tooth will be fitted. This restoration is permanent, looks natural, and restores form and function to your smile.
Cost Factors for Dental Implants
There are multiple ways to replace missing teeth. Discuss every viable option with your dentist so together you can settle on a solution that gels with your smile goals and your budget and delivers the most effective dental restoration.
The cost factors for dental implants will vary based on several factors, including:
- How many implants are placed
- The type of implant
- Where the implants are placed
- If a bone graft is necessary
- Materials used
- The experience of your dentist
- Location of the dental practice
Dental implants are titanium roots that are replaced within the jaw bones to resemble a tooth or a group of teeth. A screw is inserted into the gums and into the jaw bone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prestices including crowns dentures and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking no one will know you had surgery. There is approximately a 95 percent success rate for all implants with modern advancements in dentistry some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.
Get Dental Implants in Los Angeles
There are many successful and effective dental restorations for missing teeth, but it is hard to compare them with powerful dental implants, which are comfortable, secure, fully functional, and restore confidence immediately. Patients choose dental implants because they want a smile that looks natural and they want to be able to bite, chew, and speak without worrying about what might happen with their teeth in the process.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!