Dental implants are an advanced, in-depth process that requires significant healing time and patience. However, the procedure feels like same day implants for many patients when they discover that the same day of the surgery is also when they see what their permanent smile is going to look like. Find out whether same day implants are right for you from Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, CA.
Same Day Implants: What Does the Name Really Mean?
Sometimes referred to as teeth-in-a-day, same day implants are used to replace all the teeth in the top or bottom arch of a person’s mouth. Now, here’s what the term “same day implants” really means:
- You have undergone a dental exam and had x-rays and other digital images taken to confirm that you have quality bone density to accept dental implants.
- The implants are surgically implanted into the jawbone in strategic locations to ensure that the restoration takes.
- Implants are topped with an abutment that juts out over the gumline. Temporary prosthetics are attached to the abutments so there is a complete smile. This is the magical same day implant moment.
- It takes several months for the implant areas to heal. Your dentist will monitor your progress, making sure the implants fully bond with the jawbone. While you wait, you get to practice speaking, smiling, biting, and eating with your prosthetics.
- Once everything is healed, the temporary crowns, bridges, or dentures are removed and final restorations are attached permanently to the abutment for a complete smile.
Dental implants are an advanced restorative dentistry treatment and require oral surgery to get the job done, but once the work and healing are complete, the result is a strong, healthy smile that delivers incredible confidence and great oral health.
Benefits of Same Day Dental Implants
If you have felt self-conscious about yourself because of many missing teeth, it’s time to make a change and reinvigorate your belief in yourself and your appearance. Ask your Los Angeles dentist about same day implants and whether they can work for you. No matter what, there is always a solution for missing teeth that will work with your needs and budget.
Some people who have suffered a major accident or lost teeth because of gum disease believe there is no chance for the revitalization of their smile. This is untrue. Some people qualify for same day implants and find themselves suddenly living a life that does not include an unsightly, broken-down, toothless smile. Your same day implants are:
- Customized for your oral health.
- Carefully designed to fit perfectly in your jawbone.
- Personalized so that crowns, denture implants, or porcelain bridges look and feel natural in size, shape, and color.
- The strongest, most effective, longest-lasting way to replace missing teeth.
- The right solution for many people, often no matter what the cause of your tooth loss.
Are You a Good Candidate for Same Day Implants?
Dental implants of any kind require careful, extensive planning by you and your Los Angeles dentist at Downtown Dental. Trust in the expertise and experience of your restorative dentist if you are living with missing teeth. One conversation and dental exam will provide an incredible amount of information and you’ll discover whether same day implants are your route to welcoming in a complete and healthy smile and saying goodbye to negatively impacted speech, trouble eating, and embarrassment when you smile.
You can avoid dentures, adhesives, and any other drawbacks that come with this restorative solution, thanks to the stunning transformation produced by dental implants. Contact Us Downtown Dental to schedule a consultation and find out what’s possible for you.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!