ZOOM! teeth whitening is one of the most powerful, effective, long-lasting teeth-whitening treatments available. This popular cosmetic dentistry treatment turns a smile from mediocre to celeb-worthy, even if your teeth aren’t perfect. ZOOM! whitening is available from Dr. Don Mungcal and his team at Downtown Dental in Los Angeles and could be just the right smile makeover for you.
How ZOOM! Teeth Whitening Works
There are plenty of over-the-counter whitening treatments, but the results are spotty and do not last. ZOOM! teeth whitening, however, is a customized treatment that uses professional-grade bleaching agents that blast deep into the tooth enamel rather than just sloughing off surface stains.
Teeth are truly transformed and left multiple shades whiter. Even better, completing the upgrade only takes about an hour in your Los Angeles cosmetic dentist’s chair. Here’s how ZOOM! works:
- Prep: Teeth and gums are protected from irritation by cotton rolls, cheek retractors, and desensitizing gels, and a pre-whitening surface cleaner is applied to tooth enamel
- Whitening: Customized whitening gel is applied evenly to the teeth, and high-intensity blue LED light accelerates the whitening process. These steps are repeated until the optimal shade of white is achieved
- After-care: A second gel is applied to protect tooth enamel and minimize sensitivity, and all safeguards are removed to reveal a stunning white smile
Reasons Dental Patients Love ZOOM!
One of the simplest, easiest, and most accessible upgrades you can make to your appearance is whitening your teeth. With help from the right Los Angeles cosmetic dentist, you can check the boxes for maximum benefits like these:
- A constant accessory: No matter what you’re wearing or where you’re going, your white smile will make you look great in person, on video, in photos, and everywhere
- The illusion of perfection: Even if teeth are crooked, gapped, or slightly flawed, ZOOM! whitening makes them appear perfect
- A more stunning you: Want to look younger, happier, healthier, smarter, and like a confident VIP? White teeth can do all of that for you
- Immediate results: When you need a new smile but don’t have time to wait for it to be developed, teeth whitening delivers fast results you can show off immediately
- Customized: Over-the-counter whitening leaves room for error, but ZOOM! whitening is calibrated to deliver the most effective results and give you a smile up to eight times whiter than usual
- Long-lasting results: If you brush and floss properly every day and visit your Los Angeles dentist every six months for teeth cleaning, your teeth will remain super-white for years. Plus, every ZOOM! treatment comes with customized take-home whitening trays for touch-ups as needed to keep your smile shining
Cost Factors of ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
ZOOM! teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry treatment, so it is typically not covered by dental insurance. This out-of-pocket expense is minimal in the grand scheme of cosmetic dentistry solutions and completely worth it. However, at Downtown Dental, we offer convenient and accessible payment methods like CareCredit and accept all major credit cards.
While every patient’s circumstances are different, the cost factors for ZOOM! teeth whitening typically include:
- Number of rounds of whitening needed
- Location of your dentist’s office
- Whether take-home whitening trays are included
Are You a Good Candidate for ZOOM! Whitening?
Teeth whitening works for many patients, but some will not benefit from this treatment. No matter what camp you fall into, there is a cosmetic dentistry solution available that can transform your smile and give you a bright, white, beautiful grin.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!