You want straight teeth, you want them fast, and you want the transformation to occur as discreetly as possible. These factors describe Invisalign braces, the orthodontic alternative to traditional metal braces. At Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, Dr. Mungcal and Dr. Tara are certified Invisalign providers, prepared to develop a customized treatment plan that will give you an amazing, straight smile in half the time of regular braces.
How the Invisalign Process Works
Invisible braces use clear, removable aligners to efficiently straighten teeth. Here is how the process works:
- Consultation: The first step is to review your oral health, the type of gaps, crowding, or bite problems you have, and determine if this treatment will be your best choice.
- Preparation: Your Los Angeles dentist takes 3D images of your mouth and shifts your teeth on the screen to look at your jaw from various angles. A customized treatment plan is developed from start to finish.
- Wear time: Every Invisalign patient’s treatment is unique, but some rules are standard across the board when it comes to how and when to wear the trays:
- Daily: Wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours a day and remove them only for meals and cleanings.
- Every two weeks: Trays are switched out per your dentist’s instructions so certain teeth can be moved at certain times until all are in alignment.
- Six to eight weeks: Visit your Los Angeles Invisalign provider for a check-up to ensure the invisible braces are working properly and to collect your next sets of trays.
- One year: The average Invisalign plan takes one year to complete. Some patients will wear their aligners for less time and others will need more time. It depends on how much your teeth must move and how well you adhere to the rules.
- Post-Invisalign: Once treatment is complete, you will wear a retainer to make sure your teeth stay in their new positions. This can be done discreetly and, after several months, you will only have to wear the retainer at night to reinforce the new positions of your teeth.
Invisalign vs. Braces
The Benefits of Invisalign Teeth Aligners
Invisible braces are subtle, easy to wear, easy to take care of, and seamlessly fit into your lifestyle. Here are just some of the other benefits:
- Comfortable: The trays work gently and consistently. They are made of smooth, clear, strong plastic. There are no brackets or wires that snag the lips and cheeks.
- Versatile: Invisalign corrects overbites, underbites, crossbites, overcrowding, gaps, and other misalignment problems. If left uncorrected these issues can cause pain, TMJ issues, enamel erosion, gum recession, tooth decay, and more. A straight smile is a healthy smile.
- Few restrictions: Anyone who wears traditional braces has limitations when it comes to food. Nothing is off-limits for Invisalign patients. Remove your trays before you eat your favorite chewy, crunchy, or sticky foods – and be sure to brush and floss and clean your trays before you put everything back together again.
- Improved confidence: If you have been self-conscious about your misaligned teeth, you will begin to feel better about yourself within weeks of starting Invisalign. You’ll notice a difference in the appearance of your smile and your self-esteem will enjoy the boost, plus the clear aligners will give you the confidence to smile and speak up professionally and personally.
- Whiter teeth: We provide Invisalign patients with whitening gel so they can wear it with their trays and brighten their tooth enamel at the same time we’re straightening it.
Are You a Good Candidate for Los Angeles Invisalign?
Downtown Dental in Los Angeles is a preferred provider of Invisalign. Our team has helped thousands of patients achieve new smiles using clear aligners and we invest in continuing education to ensure that we always have the latest technology available to help our patients improve their smiles.
Schedule your consultation today to find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!