One of the most frustrating elements of undergoing restorative dentistry is waiting for your restorations to be made in an off-site dental lab. At Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, we employ the advanced CEREC system, which allows us to create crowns in a day, right on our premises. In many cases, that means you only need one dental visit for your repairs – and your smile – to be completed.
What Is the CEREC System?
The CEREC system is also known as a CAD-CAM system, which stands for computer assisted design and computer assisted milling. In short, CEREC makes use of computer design along with a milling device to create custom restorations in our dental office.
That’s right – you can get top-quality, custom-made restorations while you wait. For busy adults who are concerned about a second or third dental appointment or wearing a temporary crown, this solution is an amazing advantage that saves time, effort, and inconvenience.
Your Los Angeles dentist appreciates this dental innovation too, because CEREC allows us to deliver a greater accuracy in both fit and appearance of your dental crown. Ultimately, your restoration will be less invasive and require fewer dental visits. CEREC allows our dental team to deliver efficiency, accuracy, and crowns in a day.
Repair Damaged Teeth with Crowns in a Day
Dental crowns are a versatile dental procedure that deliver both restorative and cosmetic benefits. Here are some of the most common situations where crowns in a day, made with the CEREC system, can work:
- Fractured: A crown can be made to cover a cracked, chipped, or broken tooth and protect it from invading bacteria or food particles and stop further deterioration. When a fractured tooth is repaired, it also protects neighboring teeth from developing their own problems.
- Infected: A tooth that has a deep infection and must undergo root canal therapy to repair it will benefit from a crown that covers and protects the tooth after this treatment is complete.
- Decayed: A tooth that has a large area of decay that cannot be treated with a tooth-colored filling because the tooth isn’t strong enough can instead benefit from a crown.
- Unsightly: When a tooth is misshapen or unsightly in any way and interrupts the beauty and flow of your smile, a crown covers it completely so your tooth can blend in with your other teeth.
- Stained: A tooth that is stained or discolored and cannot be altered by professional teeth whitening can benefit from a customized crown that matches the brightness of the rest of your smile.
- Weak: A weak tooth that is prone to breaking can be restored in both strength and functionality thanks to a customized crown that makes it easy to eat and chew confidently again.
A customized crown is a good thing. This procedure means your tooth may be compromised but it is worth saving and does not need to be extracted. A crown can prevent the need for more invasive dental restorations and both restore and beautify your smile at the same time by returning a tooth to its original size, shape, and color.
The CEREC system allows your dentist to design your crown to fit your smile precisely. Your natural tooth will be shaped to receive the crown so it fits just right.
Are Crowns in a Day Right for You?
The high-quality tools used in the CEREC system make it possible for your Los Angeles dentist to look at your tooth from every angle before creating a custom restoration based on your unique specifications. Using a wand-like scanner, a digital impression of your tooth is taken and the image is transmitted to the milling unit for creation – that means no yucky impressions, less discomfort, and plenty of saved time. The result is a permanent, long-lasting dental crown that completes your smile.
Find out if you’re a good candidate for a CEREC crown in a day. Contact
Downtown Dental in Los Angeles to schedule
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Elizabeth Loftus
is a qualified dentist from Sacramento who truly loves the art of dentistry and helping people with their oral health and dental needs. She pursued her higher education at USC, where her initial area of focus was biomedical engineering.
However, after an internship undertaken at a dental office, she came to the realization that dentistry was her true calling, and then onwards dedicated her time and energy to serving dental care patients to the best of her ability.
She is an advocate for positive dental experiences for her patients and making sure they always are relaxed and calm whenever they undergo dental procedures.