Perfect teeth – you see them on celebrities, you see them on people on the street, you want them for yourself. You can have a flawless smile too, with the help of porcelain veneers. This customized cosmetic dentistry treatment transforms teeth into a VIP smile. Find out if you’re a good candidate for this amazing smile makeover at Downtown Dental in Los Angeles.
Problems Porcelain Veneers Can Fix
Veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments. They can conceal every aesthetic complaint you have about your smile, including:
- Chipped teeth
- Stained teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Small teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Narrow smile
- Asymmetrical smile
Veneers can be used on just a few teeth, or they can be placed on all your prominent teeth. Ultimately, this transformation not only creates the perfect smile you’ve always wanted, it protects tooth structure and strengthens teeth, improving the look, comfort, and function of your smile.
Designing Your Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain is an incredibly durable material that will give you a long-lasting smile makeover. The process of developing your customized veneers will be undertaken by a dental lab after careful consultation with your Los Angeles cosmetic dentist, where together you will determine all the unique characteristics of your veneers, including:
- Color: You want white teeth, but there are many different shades of white, and you want to avoid too-white teeth, so you don’t end up with a smile makeover that looks fake. Your dentist will help you determine what color is flattering to your skin tone and the whites of your eyes.
- Shape: Teeth can be square or rounded, sharp or blunt. What they are not is identical to one another. Each veneer will be carefully shaped to complement the shape of your face, gender, and overall smile goals.
- Size: If your teeth are too small or too big, you already know that getting the size of your veneers just right is incredibly important, so you have a natural-looking smile that doesn’t stand out because of odd-sized teeth. This sizing also includes the length of your veneers.
- Translucency: Natural teeth reflect light, and you want your veneers to do the same, so they look natural and like you were born with them. This level of translucency must be determined before your veneers are created.
The Porcelain Veneer Process
The porcelain veneer process has several steps and it takes a few weeks for your smile makeover to be complete from start to finish.
- Pre-treatment: Your Los Angeles dentist may make an impression of your mouth to create a mock-up of your smile to test out the length, width, and aesthetics of your smile makeover. These temporary veneers will be placed in your mouth to test them out and to see if you like how they look.
- Prep: Prepping the teeth for dental veneers is the next step. In the traditional veneer process, the thickness of the teeth will be reduced slightly to make room for the veneers, so they sit nicely on the teeth and both look and feel natural. This removal of tooth enamel is irreversible.
- Creation: Some patients will have their veneers made and delivered that day right in our office. In other cases, we will have a laboratory create your crowns which will take up to 2 weeks. It all depends on a number of factors that our doctors would discuss with you during your consultation.
- Delivery: When your customized veneers are ready, they will be bonded permanently in place and adjusted as needed until you are satisfied with the look of your new smile.
Are You a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a truly transformative cosmetic dentistry treatment. If you want to look younger, healthier, happier, smarter, and wealthier, veneers will give you that celeb-worthy smile. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Mungcal at Downtown Dental to find out whether veneers are right for you.
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Elizabeth Loftus
is a qualified dentist from Sacramento who truly loves the art of dentistry and helping people with their oral health and dental needs. She pursued her higher education at USC, where her initial area of focus was biomedical engineering.
However, after an internship undertaken at a dental office, she came to the realization that dentistry was her true calling, and then onwards dedicated her time and energy to serving dental care patients to the best of her ability.
She is an advocate for positive dental experiences for her patients and making sure they always are relaxed and calm whenever they undergo dental procedures.