If you are having a dental emergency, contact us at 213-863-9464.
Dental emergencies don’t always happen at convenient times. You need a dental office you can rely on, whether your problem occurs during business hours, at night, or on the weekend. Downtown Dental makes finding an emergency dentist in Los Angeles easy. We are here to help you with whatever oral health problem you’re experiencing, no matter when it’s happening.
Types of Dental Emergencies
If you have any of the following oral health concerns, contact your Los Angeles emergency dentist to find out if you need to be seen immediately:
- Dislodged tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Severe tooth pain
- Trauma to the mouth or jaw
- Broken tooth
- Sudden tooth or mouth discomfort
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Lost filling or crown
- Severely cut gums, lip, or tongue
- Damaged veneer
Do You Really Have a Dental Emergency?
You don’t have to have a problem that neatly fits in the categories above to qualify for an emergency dental visit. Though the definition of a true dental emergency is a condition that threatens the living tissues in your mouth, your Los Angeles emergency dentist takes every concern seriously. Every situation is different. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Blood does not always mean disaster. The mouth is home to hundreds of blood vessels in your lips, gums, cheek, and tongue. Even a small injury to the mouth can produce an alarming amount of blood, but that does not always spell worst-case scenario.
- Don’t suffer through the pain. If tooth pain is serious, it won’t go away. The pain will continue to get worse and the problem will not resolve itself. Don’t try to muscle through the discomfort or wait for your next dental appointment to be checked. The longer you wait to have your oral health problem addressed, the more likely you are to need lengthier, more costly, more invasive repairs.
- Cosmetic problems can often wait. A problem with your cosmetic dentistry, like a broken veneer, is distressing but it’s not always an issue that requires a same-day dental appointment. You might be a little self-conscious until you get in to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help ease your concern.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out. If you have a concern about your oral health, always reach out to your dentist. You will get peace of mind about your situation and lower your anxiety. The level of urgency may not be as bad as you think and, if it is, you will make an appointment to be seen immediately.
Contact Downtown Dental for Emergency Dental Repairs
Some of the most common emergency dental repairs include wisdom tooth removal, tooth extraction, root canal therapy, and tooth-colored fillings. The solution of course depends on the diagnosis, and even though you’re experiencing pain, in some situations there is no way to tell what the cause of the pain is until you’re in the dentist’s chair. A throbbing tooth could be caused by decay, abscess, infection, a tooth root infection, or even gum disease.
If you have an oral health concern, don’t hesitate to reach out to the emergency dentists at Downtown Dental. Even dental problem has a solution. It may not be the kind of fix you want, but if you want to save your tooth and preserve your oral health, it’s important to have every oral health problem addressed as soon as possible.
Contact Downtown Dental in Los Angeles immediately to discuss your oral health emergency and schedule an appointment
. We are always here to help you.
At Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
brings to his patients exceptional technique and extensive experience! Whether it is cosmetic dentistry
, dental implants
, teeth whitening
or even sleep apnea
, Dr. Mungcal can help you. With over three decades of experience, Dr. Mungcal believes in not only understanding your dental goals and needs, but also gaining a detailed understanding of your health history and that of your family, too. He also invests lots of time and effort to stay abreast of cutting-edge and modern dental techniques and technologies
by serving as a member of the California Dental Society. Every year, he spends several hundred hours in continuing education courses so that he can offer customized care through modern and front-line dental treatments. Dr. Mungcal is committed to preserving your natural teeth and smile for as long as possible and ensuring that not only do they look good but that they also feel good and work well.