If you are having a dental emergency, contact us at 213-863-9464.
Dental emergencies don’t always happen at convenient times. You need a dental office you can rely on, whether your problem occurs during business hours, at night, or on the weekend. Downtown Dental makes finding an emergency dentist in Los Angeles easy. We are here to help you with whatever oral health problem you’re experiencing, no matter when it’s happening.
Types of Dental Emergencies
If you have any of the following oral health concerns, contact your Los Angeles emergency dentist to find out if you need to be seen immediately:
- Dislodged tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Severe tooth pain
- Trauma to the mouth or jaw
- Broken tooth
- Sudden tooth or mouth discomfort
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Lost filling or crown
- Severely cut gums, lip, or tongue
- Damaged veneer
Do You Really Have a Dental Emergency?
You don’t have to have a problem that neatly fits in the categories above to qualify for an emergency dental visit. Though the definition of a true dental emergency is a condition that threatens the living tissues in your mouth, your Los Angeles emergency dentist takes every concern seriously. Every situation is different. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Blood does not always mean disaster. The mouth is home to hundreds of blood vessels in your lips, gums, cheek, and tongue. Even a small injury to the mouth can produce an alarming amount of blood, but that does not always spell worst-case scenario.
- Don’t suffer through the pain. If tooth pain is serious, it won’t go away. The pain will continue to get worse and the problem will not resolve itself. Don’t try to muscle through the discomfort or wait for your next dental appointment to be checked. The longer you wait to have your oral health problem addressed, the more likely you are to need lengthier, more costly, more invasive repairs.
- Cosmetic problems can often wait. A problem with your cosmetic dentistry, like a broken veneer, is distressing but it’s not always an issue that requires a same-day dental appointment. You might be a little self-conscious until you get in to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help ease your concern.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out. If you have a concern about your oral health, always reach out to your dentist. You will get peace of mind about your situation and lower your anxiety. The level of urgency may not be as bad as you think and, if it is, you will make an appointment to be seen immediately.
Contact Downtown Dental for Emergency Dental Repairs
Some of the most common emergency dental repairs include wisdom tooth removal, tooth extraction, root canal therapy, and tooth-colored fillings. The solution of course depends on the diagnosis, and even though you’re experiencing pain, in some situations there is no way to tell what the cause of the pain is until you’re in the dentist’s chair. A throbbing tooth could be caused by decay, abscess, infection, a tooth root infection, or even gum disease.
If you have an oral health concern, don’t hesitate to reach out to the emergency dentists at Downtown Dental. Even dental problem has a solution. It may not be the kind of fix you want, but if you want to save your tooth and preserve your oral health, it’s important to have every oral health problem addressed as soon as possible.
Contact Downtown Dental in Los Angeles immediately to discuss your oral health emergency and schedule an appointment. We are always here to help you.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!