If you are having a dental emergency, contact us at 213-863-9464.
Dental emergencies don’t always happen at convenient times. You need a dental office you can rely on, whether your problem occurs during business hours, at night, or on the weekend. Downtown Dental makes finding an emergency dentist in Los Angeles easy. We are here to help you with whatever oral health problem you’re experiencing, no matter when it’s happening.
Types of Dental Emergencies
If you have any of the following oral health concerns, contact your Los Angeles emergency dentist to find out if you need to be seen immediately:
- Dislodged tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Severe tooth pain
- Trauma to the mouth or jaw
- Broken tooth
- Sudden tooth or mouth discomfort
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Lost filling or crown
- Severely cut gums, lip, or tongue
- Damaged veneer
Do You Really Have a Dental Emergency?
You don’t have to have a problem that neatly fits in the categories above to qualify for an emergency dental visit. Though the definition of a true dental emergency is a condition that threatens the living tissues in your mouth, your Los Angeles emergency dentist takes every concern seriously. Every situation is different. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Blood does not always mean disaster. The mouth is home to hundreds of blood vessels in your lips, gums, cheek, and tongue. Even a small injury to the mouth can produce an alarming amount of blood, but that does not always spell worst-case scenario.
- Don’t suffer through the pain. If tooth pain is serious, it won’t go away. The pain will continue to get worse and the problem will not resolve itself. Don’t try to muscle through the discomfort or wait for your next dental appointment to be checked. The longer you wait to have your oral health problem addressed, the more likely you are to need lengthier, more costly, more invasive repairs.
- Cosmetic problems can often wait. A problem with your cosmetic dentistry, like a broken veneer, is distressing but it’s not always an issue that requires a same-day dental appointment. You might be a little self-conscious until you get in to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help ease your concern.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out. If you have a concern about your oral health, always reach out to your dentist. You will get peace of mind about your situation and lower your anxiety. The level of urgency may not be as bad as you think and, if it is, you will make an appointment to be seen immediately.
Contact Downtown Dental for Emergency Dental Repairs
Some of the most common emergency dental repairs include wisdom tooth removal, tooth extraction, root canal therapy, and tooth-colored fillings. The solution of course depends on the diagnosis, and even though you’re experiencing pain, in some situations there is no way to tell what the cause of the pain is until you’re in the dentist’s chair. A throbbing tooth could be caused by decay, abscess, infection, a tooth root infection, or even gum disease.
If you have an oral health concern, don’t hesitate to reach out to the emergency dentists at Downtown Dental. Even dental problem has a solution. It may not be the kind of fix you want, but if you want to save your tooth and preserve your oral health, it’s important to have every oral health problem addressed as soon as possible.
Contact Downtown Dental in Los Angeles immediately to discuss your oral health emergency and schedule an appointment
. We are always here to help you.
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Elizabeth Loftus
is a qualified dentist from Sacramento who truly loves the art of dentistry and helping people with their oral health and dental needs. She pursued her higher education at USC, where her initial area of focus was biomedical engineering.
However, after an internship undertaken at a dental office, she came to the realization that dentistry was her true calling, and then onwards dedicated her time and energy to serving dental care patients to the best of her ability.
She is an advocate for positive dental experiences for her patients and making sure they always are relaxed and calm whenever they undergo dental procedures.