Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment with a varying timetable for completing the process. The most straightforward way to define the Invisalign timetable is by saying that it varies. Every patient’s alignment issues are different and this will affect how long they need to wear the clear aligners. At Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, CA, Dr. Don Mungcal and his dental team let patients know from the start what kind of time commitment they can expect.
Predicting Your Invisalign Timetable
Generally, Invisalign treatments take about one year to complete, but this length of time will depend on various factors.
- Complexity: Some cases are more complex than others, with all teeth needing to be put into alignment. Other cases only require the correction of small gaps, a few crooked teeth, or a relapse from previous orthodontic treatment.
- Attachments: Many patients need attachments – small dots of composite material bonded to the teeth to anchor the clear aligners – and their presence will ideally aid in how well and how quickly teeth move into alignment.
- Compliance: Your dentist may anticipate your Invisalign timetable to be a certain length, but if you do not comply with the rules of wearing Invisalign nearly all day, every day, this can throw the entire treatment off track and make it take longer.
The only concrete answers about your Invisalign timetable will come from your Los Angeles certified Invisalign provider after they have examined your teeth and taken digital images to review the shape and condition of your teeth, roots, and jaw and make a diagnosis. They will provide you with 3D timelapse images of your mouth that show how and when your teeth will move, a visual perk that is motivating when you realize just how amazing the results can be.
When Will Results Be Visible?
Sometimes the most exciting part of Invisalign is when you really begin to see that the aligners are making in difference in how your teeth look. When this happens, though, is just like the Invisalign timetable – it varies for everyone.
The speed at which your alignment becomes visible will depend on a few major factors like:
- Jaw shape
- Condition of your gums
Some patients will see teeth shifting within a few months while others may notice a difference in a matter of weeks. There is no one right way for your alignment to shift. If you’re feeling like nothing is happening though and you’re impatient to see a change, ask your dentist about your Invisalign plan and find out when your most obvious misaligned teeth will be moved into their rightful spaces.
Other Invisalign Time Commitments
Invisalign is a bit of a numbers game, even when it comes to the Invisalign timetable. There are certain lengths of time that affect when and how teeth move and they are part of the daily responsibilities of every Invisalign patient. The more you follow the instructions of your Los Angeles Invisalign provider, the better and faster your treatment will go and the more successful it will be.
Here are just some of the other timelines you need to keep in mind:
- Daily: Trays must be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day, every day, no exceptions.
- Biweekly: Every two weeks or so, you will be required to remove your current aligners and substitute the next trays to move the next several teeth into alignment.
- Once every two months: You don’t have to see your Invisalign provider all that much – only every six to eight weeks for a checkup of progress and to collect your next sets of aligners.
Learn the Invisalign Timetable with Help from Your Los Angeles Dentist
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!