If you are missing an entire arch of teeth on the top or bottom of your mouth, you may think dentures are the only restoration option. All-On-4 dental implants, however, could be the solution that delivers a functional, beautiful smile without the need for dentures or unreliable adhesives. Find out from Downtown Dental in Los Angeles if you are a good All-On-4 candidate.
How All-On-4 Dental Implants Work
One missing tooth needs one dental implant to repair the problem, but an entire arch of missing teeth does not need one implant per tooth to create a complete smile. All-On-4 only requires four dental implants, placed in the areas of the jaw where there is maximum bone volume. From there, dental bridges or permanent partial dentures are attached to the implants to fill in the arch of missing teeth.
Here is what to expect during the All-On-4 dental implants procedure from start to finish:
- Consultation and dental exam: Meet with your Los Angeles dentist and undergo a dental exam to find out if your mouth, jaw, and bone density are healthy enough for dental implants. Any existing problems, like gum disease – the biggest cause of missing teeth – need to be treated first before smile repairs can begin.
- Dental implant procedure: Every dental implant procedure is an oral surgery. The implants are carefully customized for your mouth and placed in the jawbone. An abutment is placed atop each implant and sticks out slightly over the gumline so the prosthetic teeth can be attached.
- Healing time: It can take months for the mouth and surgical site to heal completely. The bone and tissues must fully absorb the implant, which replaces the natural tooth root. Your dentist will monitor recovery and, once the implant is secure, the procedure can be completed.
- Final restoration: Once healing is done, a partial denture or prosthetic bridge is permanently secured to the four abutments. Don’t fear the word “denture.” There will not be any adhesives or removable parts. Your new teeth will be firm in their place for a permanent, beautiful smile.
Some of the Many Benefits of All-On-4
Besides replacing your missing teeth, All-On-4 dental implants deliver plenty of other benefits, including:
- Look natural: No one wants a smile makeover that looks fake. All-On-4 is customized in color, shape, and size to look like your natural teeth and blend with your appearance.
- Comfortable: The only thing that will feel different when you get dental implants is no longer having a space in your mouth where teeth once were. All-On-4 will blend in to feel and work just like natural teeth.
- Permanent: Dentures often don’t stay in place and are considered unreliable. Dental implants are permanent, even when they’re topped with a bridge or denture.
- Custom fit: The dental implant itself, by nature of its position, stimulates the jawbone by replacing natural tooth roots. All-On-4 makes your smile stronger rather than causing it to deteriorate with time, age, or use.
Get All-On-4 Dental Implants in Los Angeles
Whether your missing teeth were lost because of gum disease, an accident, or other reason, it’s so important to fill in the spaces, not only to give you a beautiful smile but to give you a healthy, strong mouth and an unaltered face shape.
You will eat, speak, and smile confidently once again with All-On-4. You’ll love having your photo taken, speaking with others, and enjoying a good meal. Both personally and professionally, a smile restored by dental implants is a smile that thrives.
Contact Downtown Dental in Los Angeles to schedule a consultation with our dental team and find out if you’re a good candidate for All-On-4 dental implants.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!