If your teeth are deteriorating, you have ongoing mouth pain, or you are missing teeth, these problems can all be corrected. Full-mouth reconstruction consists of a series of customized, targeted dental procedures designed to restore your oral health. At Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, we give our patients strong teeth and clean gums through restorative dentistry, so they have a healthy, beautiful, pain-free smile.
Restorative Dentistry Treatments Used in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction is the term used to describe the rebuilding of a person’s smile in either their upper jaw, lower jaw, or both jaws through multiple dental procedures. The treatments used in full mouth reconstruction will vary depending on a patient’s unique needs and circumstances.
Some of the most common procedures used include:
- Dental implants: Replace missing teeth, including the root and the crown. Can replace one or two teeth or an entire arch of teeth using implant-supported dentures.
- Dentures: Replace an entire arch of missing teeth. Can opt for permanent, implant-supported dentures or removable dentures used with adhesive.
- Dental bridges: Replace a missing tooth by bridging the gap between two teeth. Anchored in place with porcelain crowns.
- Dental crowns: Conceal a weak, broken, disintegrating, decayed, or otherwise compromised tooth.
- Root canal therapy: Fix tooth infections by clearing and filling the roots of a tooth and covering it with a crown. Saves the tooth from extraction and any chance of further infection.
- Gum disease treatment: Repair diseased gums using minimally invasive laser therapy that promotes the reattachment of gum tissue and new bone growth.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Replace unhealthy and unsightly silver fillings and correct damaged teeth using tooth-colored composite.
- Cosmetic dentistry: Beautify the smile after restorations are complete, using procedures like porcelain veneers or teeth whitening.
Full-mouth reconstruction typically requires a series of dental appointments to complete all the work that needs to be done and to allow for healing time in between procedures. For patients who are undergoing multiple treatments at one time, or who have dental anxiety, sedation dentistry is an option that allows them to “sleep” through the dental work and wake up with a healthier, stronger smile.
The Full-Mouth Reconstruction Timeline
Patients need full-mouth reconstruction for a variety of reasons, but most commonly because they have endured trauma to their mouth, suffer from severe or regular infections, have an aging smile, or have not taken proper care of their oral health. The reason for needing restorative dentistry matters, but what’s most important is that you make the decision to get your teeth fixed and your oral health back on track. Here is what you can expect from your first dental visit:
- Dental exam: Your Los Angeles dentist will give you a thorough oral exam and conduct diagnostic procedures to identify all the issues going on in your mouth.
- Planning: Once it is determined that you qualify for full-mouth reconstruction, a detailed, customized treatment plan will be developed to suit your budget and oral health needs.
- Reconstruction: It may take several weeks or months before your full-mouth reconstruction procedures are all complete and your mouth is whole again.
Are You a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Don’t wait until your next dental visit to have an oral health problem looked at. Don’t drag your feet about seeing your dentist because you haven’t been there in a while. At Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, we welcome you to our office no matter what condition your teeth are in – we want to help you achieve good oral health and look good and feel good about your smile.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mungcal or another member of our team and find out what dental restorations can be done to revitalize your smile. Oral health problems don’t go away on their own. Let us support you in developing a strong, beautiful smile
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!