A broken tooth is a dental emergency, whether you have a minor chip, a major break, pain, or no pain. When a tooth is broken in any way, its condition has been compromised, which means it is susceptible to other problems, like infections and decay. If you have a broken tooth, immediately contact Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, California, to get a diagnosis and undergo the necessary repairs.
Dental Restorations to Fix a Broken Tooth
Your dentist may choose many possible dental restorations to repair your broken tooth. The treatments used will depend on the severity of the break, whether any damage was done within the tooth and its root, and the level of pain you are experiencing.
Some of the most common restorative dentistry treatments to fix a broken tooth include:
- Tooth-colored filling: A minor break can usually be repaired with a tooth-colored filling, preventing bacteria and food particles from entering. This treatment also preserves and stabilizes tooth structure to prevent further breaks
- Root canal therapy: If a tooth has been broken down to the root, you will be in serious pain. Root canal therapy removes the damaged roots, fills them, and repairs the tooth so it can be saved. This treated tooth is usually capped afterward by a dental crown
- Porcelain crown: When a tooth is significantly broken and cannot be fixed by a filling, a customized porcelain crown is a robust solution that covers the entire tooth and makes it whole again. The crown’s color, size, and shape are designed to blend in with the rest of your teeth
- Dental bonding: Suffering from a small surface break may seem negligible and not worth addressing, but taking every bit of dental damage seriously is important. Dental bonding quickly and easily fixes a break like this in a non-invasive way for cosmetic and functional repair
- Porcelain veneer: When a front tooth is chipped, a veneer may be the best choice for correcting the problem. This customized porcelain shield is incredibly tough and strengthens the tooth it covers while completing your damaged smile
- Tooth extraction: Pulling a broken tooth is your dentist’s last resort, but sometimes it’s necessary if the broken tooth cannot be repaired in any other way. After healing from the extraction, a dental implant, dental bridge, or other restoration can be used to fix the hole in your smile
Cost Factors for Repairing a Broken Tooth
Every broken tooth is unique, as is every patient. The cost factors for fixing your broken tooth will depend on:
- Severity of the break
- Type of repair(s) needed
- Materials used for treatment
- Whether you needed an emergency dental visit
It’s important to always see your dentist when you have a broken tooth. Even if you don’t have dental insurance or are sure you don’t have coverage for problems like this, your dentist will do everything possible to make repairs and restorations accessible. Getting your oral health under control is important – letting a problem fester and become larger only leave you facing bigger and more expensive issues later.
Treatment for a Broken Tooth Near Me
Whether your broken tooth was caused by a blow to the mouth, teeth grinding, deteriorating dental work, biting down wrong, or something else, Dr. Don Mungcal and his team want to know about it right away so we can help you. Don’t suffer from pain, discomfort, or embarrassment.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
Dr. Mungcal graduated from UCLA and the University of the Pacific Dental School and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society.
Dr. Tara Mavadat was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!