Nothing can ruin the moment like a sudden attack of self-doubt. Will you look unfriendly or disinterested if you don’t smile? Will people notice that little chip or your stained teeth if you do smile? Don’t let these and similar worries plague you. Dr. Mungcal and the Downtown Dental team can help you feel better about your smile with cosmetic dentistry in Los Angeles.
What a difference a smile can make!
If you want to make a great first impression, you need to look your best. It goes without saying that an attractive smile is important, but you might wonder just how much difference it can make. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has commissioned several independent surveys deigned to answer that very question.
- A Beall Research & Training study asked participants to record their first impressions after briefly viewing photos. They found that dental patients were perceived as more kind, happy, friendly, intelligent, interesting, successful, wealthy, popular, and attractive after cosmetic treatment.
- A separate study conducted in 2004 evaluated people’s opinions about smile aesthetics. Researchers found that 99.7 percent of Americans consider a beautiful smile to be important social asset. Furthermore, 74 percent said an unsightly smile can diminish a person’s chances of success in the workplace.
Exploring your cosmetic dental options
Dr. Mungcal and the Downtown Dental team use a variety of procedures to restore or improve the appearance of your smile. The best technique depends on your oral health needs and aesthetic goals. We will begin with a consultation, and then work with you to develop a customized treatment plan. This may include one or more of the following:
- Porcelain veneers – If your teeth are in good health and you want to make significant aesthetic changes, this is most likely your best option. Veneers are conservative and minimalistic, requiring very little tooth preparation. A thin, beautiful layer of porcelain covers the visible part of each treated tooth, transforming its appearance. Veneers can change almost anything about the appearance of teeth, from covering stains to improving the shape.
- Crowns – Most often, crowns are recommended for teeth that also have decay or other damage. They are sturdy restorations that encase treated teeth in a thick layer of porcelain. Dental crowns can repair broken, fractured, or severely decayed teeth. They are also used to protect teeth after root canal therapy. Dental crowns are designed to look just like healthy, natural, beautiful teeth. Therefore, they restore the appearance of your smile along with the health and functionality. With our CEREC machine, we can create crowns right here in our office for one-day treatment.
- Teeth whitening – Much stronger than over-the-counter products, professional bleaching gel can penetrate enamel to strip away stubborn stains. However, you can still enjoy the comfort and convenience of home whitening. We provide custom-made trays, professional strength products, and complete instructions. Through our Bright for Life program, whitening trays and product are complimentary to patients who attend all checkups and cleaning appointments.
- Cosmetic fillings – A cavity does not need to have a lasting impact on the appearance of your smile. We use white composite resin, which is tinted to precisely match your enamel color. After decay is removed, resin material is placed directly in the cavity, then shaped and hardened. The procedure is fast, efficient, and comfortable with beautiful results.
- Dental bonding – Color matched composite material can do more than repair cavities. This putty-like material can be applied to any part of the tooth to cover permanent stains, close wide gaps between teeth, and much more.
- Invisible braces – Crooked teeth are among the most common cosmetic dental complaints. However, most people, especially those who need to maintain a professional appearance, don’t want to spend months or years wearing metal braces. Invisalign orthodontics accomplish the same goal as standard braces, but without any metal. Clear aligner trays are discreet, convenient, and comfortable.
Make your dream smile come true
Whether you need to look your best for that important appointment, hope to catch the eye of a romantic interest, or simply want to like what you see in the mirror, we are here to help. Call Downtown Dental at 213-863-9464 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Don Mungcal to learn what cosmetic dentistry can do for you.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and
exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by
attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to
be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition
to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He
updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He
also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about
dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last
long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of
Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary
goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry
and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly
skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned
his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to
prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that
your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!