Despite your near-perfect dental care, unexpected situations can arise, catching you off-guard and leaving you needing urgent dental care. Whether it’s a sudden, excruciating toothache, a fractured tooth, or any dental emergency that leaves you in distress, Downtown Dental — a family-oriented practice in Los Angeles, California — is here to rescue your smile. Drs. Don Mungcal, Tara Mavadat, and Ivan Chan have the expertise and compassion to deliver swift and effective emergency dental services when seconds truly matter.
When to visit an emergency dentist
Not all dental situations require same-day dental appointments. Most minor dental issues can wait a few days for a scheduled appointment. However, when the below dental woes strike, you or your loved ones must seek emergency dental care to preserve your oral health.
- Restorative emergencies: Accidents occur when you least expect them. In the unfortunate event you have a cracked or knocked-out tooth, seeking immediate dental care can be the difference between saving and losing your tooth
- Dental abscess: Tooth abscess occurs when pus develops underneath the tooth. A dental abscess is painful and can lead to life-threatening complications if left untreated. An emergency dentist drains the pus and administers other restorative treatments to address the infection
- Loose or lost restorations: Do you have a loose dental filling? Has your crown fallen off? Compromised dental work creates fault lines that can cause bad bacteria to infiltrate your tooth. Replacing your lost or loose restoration eliminates pain and minimizes the chances of tooth infection
- Severe oral pain: Do you have a toothache that doesn’t seem to go away? Sudden, excruciating tooth pain could indicate dental infection or other serious conditions. Please visit an emergency dentist for prompt diagnosis and treatment
When you reach our office, we’ll first examine your situation to determine the best treatment. Depending on your dental emergency, we can use dental crowns, fillings, and root canals to restore your oral health.
Benefits of emergency dental care
Following are the benefits of visiting an emergency dentist:
- Resolves tooth pain quickly and effectively
- Saves you from costly restorative treatments
- Prevents the infection from spreading to the nearby structures
- Preserves your teeth and oral health
Don’t let dental emergencies ruin your day! When unexpected tooth pain strikes or accidents happen, Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, California, got you covered.
Our expert team of emergency dentists is always ready to provide immediate relief and top-notch care. Contact us at 213-863-9464 and experience the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re in safe hands.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and
exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by
attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to
be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition
to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He
updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He
also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about
dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last
long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of
Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary
goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry
and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly
skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned
his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to
prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that
your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!