Are you looking for straighter teeth but don’t want to deal with several years of a mouthful of metal? Invisalign from Dr. Mungcal’s office in Los Angeles is a great alternative to traditional braces with their metal and wire brackets. Invisalign treatments utilize a series of clear aligner trays to move the teeth gently and gradually into the correct position. The look and feel of Invisalign allows patients to achieve a straighter smile with no one knowing that you are wearing braces.
Downtown Dental believes that the convenience and invisibility of Invisalign makes it a great option for many of our patients that seek a straighter smile, but it also has several other advantages as well.
- You are allowed to eat the food you want. The clear aligner trays are removable, allowing you to take them off while you eat. Traditional braces require you to stop eating some of your favorite foods like popcorn, nuts, and candies.
- Straighter teeth are easier to brush and floss properly, improving your oral health.
- Invisalign can improve your bite. Properly aligned teeth allow you to chew food easily and comfortably. This also allows you to chew food more efficiently and digest more nutrients, helping to improve your overall health.
- You have fewer dental visits with Invisalign. Patients only have to come in for appointments every six weeks.
- There is no metal. Tightening the metal brackets and wires associated with conventional braces can cause pain and mouth sores. Invisalign clear trays are made of a comfortable plastic that does not contain BPA.
- Customized tooth straightening. Your liners are specifically designed for your mouth and ensure that all of your teeth are moved into place properly.
- Invisalign liners can help relieve TMD and grinding symptoms. Properly aligned teeth lead to a healthy jaw joint.
- Less tooth damage. Traditional braces often leave patients with demineralization and tooth decay because of difficulty while cleaning. Invisalign technology is removable, allowing teeth to be properly brushed and flossed daily.
- Invisalign straightens teeth faster than traditional braces.
- Improved overall health. Misaligned teeth can lead to gum disease.
The benefits of Invisalign at Downtown Dental are clear. To find out more, call today to set up your initial consultation with Dr. Mungcal.