Has it been months since you last had a dental cleaning? No worries! We understand. It has been a hard couple of years with the pandemic, and so you might have put your dental visits on hold to keep yourself safe. As a result, chances are that you have fallen behind your dental cleaning schedule, and the bacteria that causes gum disease may already be in place. However, if you are in Los Angeles, California, and the surrounding areas, it’s never too late to save your smile with professional dental cleanings from Downtown Dental.
Regular teeth cleanings are at the core of your dental health
You always do a great job at home by brushing and flossing your teeth daily. However, there’s only so much you can do at home. Everyone needs a dental professional to clean those hard to reach areas that toothbrushes and floss can’t. Dr. Don Mungcal advises patients to observe regular dental cleanings (regular = 2 cleanings per year AT LEAST) for the reasons below:
- Prevents gum disease: Dental cleanings eliminate tartar buildup that invites gum disease in your mouth.
- Minimizes bad breath: Teeth cleanings eliminate odor-causing bacteria, giving you fresher breath.
- Enables cavity detection: During cleanings and with the aid of x-rays, Dr. Mungcal examines your teeth to look out for signs of cavities – something that quite often can’t be seen with the naked eye.
- Screens you for oral cancer: Dr. Mungcal also examines your mouth and other oral tissues to look out for any signs of oral cancer. An oral cancer screening is a very important part of a dental exam as early detection is pivotal in successful treatment. We’ve seen countless patients who had the start of a cancerous lesion, referred them to their primary physician and prevented the spread of a totally treatable form of cancer.
- Diagnosing bad bites or TMJ disorder: If you have problems with your jaw, your dentist will likely spot any abnormalities during dental cleanings and help resolve the issue before you start experiencing TMJ pain and headaches.
If you have a healthy smile, your confidence grows, you look more attractive, and your overall body health improves. Fortunately, achieving a healthy smile in Los Angeles, CA, is always within reach. All you need to do is observe at-home oral care and dial 213-863-9464 to book an appointment with Downtown Dental for teeth cleaning services.
Share this Article
Home » Blog » Enjoy the lifelong benefits of a healthy smile with Professional Dental Cleanings
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental School
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!