Although many orthodontic patients are teens or pre-teens, that doesn’t mean adults can’t get in on the action as well. A beautiful smile is an asset for anyone at any age. Invisalign orthodontics makes it easier for adults to get the smile of their dreams. If you’ve been contemplating having your teeth straightened and living in the Los Angeles area, we invite you to visit Downtown Dental, meet our team and see what Invisalign clear aligner treatment can do for you.
How Invisalign Works to Straighten Teeth
Unlike traditional braces, which rely on metal wires and brackets to straighten your teeth, Invisalign uses clear aligners for correcting orthodontic issues. Dr. Don Mungcal will take impressions of your teeth to have aligners custom-designed to fit smoothly and snugly over your teeth. When worn, these aligners put gentle pressure on your teeth to gradually shift them into alignment. Every few weeks, you’ll switch out your old aligners for a new set to continue the straightening process until your smile goals are achieved. Once your teeth are aligned, we’ll provide a retainer for you to wear at night to keep them in their new position.
Key Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligner Treatment for Adults
Like most adults, you’re probably self-conscious about your appearance, making it difficult to deal with metal braces for straightening your teeth. Invisalign’s invisible braces for adults are barely noticeable on your teeth, making your treatment more discreet. You can continue your regular routine without feeling awkward about your orthodontic procedure.
Actual Patient Results
As an adult, you will also appreciate the following attributes of Invisalign treatment:
- Comfort – Invisalign aligners are more comfortable to wear as they have no metal parts to irritate your gums or teeth. Comfort is important as the aligners need to be worn at least 22 hours daily.
- Convenience – Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating and oral hygiene. You can enjoy meals with family or friends without worrying about what you eat. Afterward, you brush and floss your teeth as usual to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Fewer dental visits – Invisalign aligners require no adjustments to keep them working properly. As such, there are fewer dental visits to cut into your busy schedule. Dr. Mungcal will give you several sets of aligners in advance so you can switch them off yourself every few weeks. We’ll also schedule follow-up appointments every 4-5 weeks to monitor your progress.
- Shorter treatment times – On average, Invisalign treatments last between 12 to 18 months, depending on the problems that need to be fixed, giving you quicker results.
- Beautiful results – Invisalign has been known to produce beautiful, long-term results in the form of straighter, healthier, more attractive teeth. Invisalign can correct problems with crooked and misaligned teeth, gapped teeth, malocclusion, protruding teeth, and overcrowding to give you a winsome smile you can be proud of.
At Downtown Dental, we make dream smiles come true with Invisalign treatment. To learn more about Invisalign clear aligner treatment in Los Angeles, CA, contact Dr. Don Mungcal from Downtown Dental at 213-863-9464.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and
exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by
attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to
be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition
to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He
updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He
also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about
dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last
long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of
Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary
goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry
and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly
skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned
his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to
prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that
your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!