In Los Angeles, California, patients seeking a dental practice that offers a variety of services under one roof are encouraged to visit Downtown Dental. Dr. Don Mungcal and his team are committed to the health, function, and beauty of patients’ smiles. Whether you are seeking general dentistry or cosmetic work, we can help! One of our highly desired treatments is Invisalign, an alternative to traditional braces. There are many benefits to Invisalign over conventional orthodontics for our patients.
Many patients are interested in finding out how Invisalign works. Instead of using brackets and wires as traditional braces require, Invisalign uses aligner trays. Trays are made of clear plastic and are worn day and night to reposition the teeth. An entire series of trays are made from start to finish, and each tray is worn for two weeks before progressing to the next aligner. The trays are removed for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. When patients comply with their treatment, they can completely change their smile, usually within a year or less, depending on the severity of their misalignment. Mild to moderate misalignment can be addressed with this method, as well as poor bite alignment.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Many patients in Los Angeles, California, consider Invisalign because of its many benefits.
- Patients who consider Invisalign are often interested in discreet treatment. The trays are clear and hard to distinguish from the natural teeth, making them highly desirable for both teenagers and adults.
- Invisalign uses amazing technology to create trays from digitized impressions. The entire series is made from the start so patients do not have to return to the dental office every two weeks to obtain their new trays.
- Patients find how easy it is to use Invisalign and how simple it can be to take care of them. By being able to remove the trays for brushing and flossing, many patients experience better oral health throughout the process, as they do not have to work around brackets and wires that are not removable.
- Invisalign provides fast results. Patients with mild to moderate misalignment can achieve their new look within six to twelve months in most situations with proper compliance.
- Patients find Invisalign trays to be incredibly comfortable. They are made of smooth plastic and fit precisely over the teeth without adding unwanted bulk. The smooth plastic is easier on the surrounding soft tissues, while many patients with metal brackets and wires experience poking and soreness around their brackets.
- Invisalign is an economical option for many of our patients, often comparable in cost to traditional braces.
- Patients love that they can continue to visit their primary dentist for their orthodontic treatment instead of starting over with another professional they do not already know and trust. Patients only come in about every six weeks throughout treatment to monitor their progress but do not have to undergo adjustments of brackets and wires as patients do with an orthodontist.
- Our practice understands that some dental work can be costly for a family’s budget. We offer convenient financing plans for patients who need to space out payments to make their treatments more accessible. We work with individuals and their dental insurance companies to get them the best rate and to help them better understand the coverage they have with their insurance plan. We want patients to have the opportunity to improve their smiles without being hindered by cost.
Contact us to discuss Invisalign
Dr. Don Mungcal and the team at Downtown Dental are here to assist Los Angeles, California area patients with a wide range of solutions for their smiles. If you want to learn more about the benefits of using Invisalign over traditional braces, we welcome you to our practice for a consultation visit.
Call our staff today at 213-863-9464 to schedule your visit at 255 South Grand Avenue, Suite 204. New patients are welcome to our state-of-the-art facility located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and
exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by
attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to
be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition
to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He
updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He
also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about
dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last
long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of
Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary
goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry
and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly
skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned
his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to
prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that
your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!