Invisalign is an extremely popular orthodontic option. Small wonder – these smooth plastic aligners are transparent, so you look great while they gently move teeth into attractive position. It is easy to keep your mouth, and aligners clean and smelling fresh. Much easier than oral hygiene with conventional braces. Los Angeles dentist, Dr. Don Mungcal, shares these Invisalign care tips.
- Remove Invisalign to keep your teeth and mouth clean. Brush normally after eating and floss before bedtime.
- Clean aligners in the morning and evening. Use clear anti-bacterial hand soap and a soft toothbrush reserved for this purpose. Rinse with tepid water. Insert aligners after you brush and floss your teeth.
- Once a week, soak aligners using Invisalign crystals, or denture or retainer cleaner. This keeps aligners extra sanitary.
- Remove aligners when you drink anything except plain water.
- Take aligners out before eating. Place them in their storage case.
- Limit between meal snacks. If you munch and cannot brush teeth before re-inserting Invisalign, rinse your mouth thoroughly with plain water.
- Do practice good compliance. Wearing aligners at least 20 hours a day will achieve your straightening goals efficiently.
- Do not use toothpaste or a stiff brush to clean aligners. It will cloud the plastic and leave tiny scratches that trap odor-causing bacteria.
- Do not rinse or soak aligners in hot water as they will warp.
- Beverages other than water can stain aligners. In addition, you could be trapping cavity-causing sugar or acids between teeth and aligners.
- Don’t eat with aligners in – you will damage them.
- Do not place aligners in a dinner napkin while you eat. They might accidently get thrown in the trash.
To find out if Invisalign is right for you, call the Los Angeles dentist known for beautiful smiles – Dr. Don Mungcal at Downtown Dental, 213-863-9464.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental School
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!