Invisalign is a modern alternative to bands, brackets, and wires for straight teeth. The system uses digital impressions of your mouth to create a series of clear plastic aligners that move teeth into desired positions with low force. The Invisalign experience is completely different from wearing braces. It is changing how Los Angeles patients feel about achieving straighter smiles.
Why patients love Invisalign
- Visual concept – A robust computer software program uses 3D images of your mouth, to plan treatment. You see exactly how teeth will move, and how you will look when treatment is completed.
- Aesthetics – The aligners are crystal clear. Most people won’t even notice unless they look closely.
- Comfort – Aligners are made of smooth plastic. There’s nothing sharp to irritate soft tissues, and there are no harsh wire tightening appointments.
- Enjoyment of eating – Aligners are removable. You take them out to savor the foods you love.
- Hygiene – Just take the aligners out to brush and floss normally, and receive deep cleaning at regular dental checkups. With proper home care, Invisalign does not increase risk of tooth decay or gum disease.
- See the change – Because the aligners are clear, you get to enjoy the visible benefits of progress right away – no waiting for results to be unveiled as with braces.
- Tooth-safe – In the majority of cases, nothing is cemented to teeth, so there is no risk of white spots or harm to enamel. There is also much less chance of root damage than with conventional orthodontic treatment that aggressively turns or forces teeth.
- Convenient – Appointments to monitor progress are usually six weeks apart, and are brief. Treatment is usually concluded in about a year.
- Effective! – Invisalign has always been a great choice for mild to moderate misalignment, and today, even very complex cases can be treated effectively.
To learn more about the Invisalign experience, call Los Angeles dentist, Dr. Don Mungcal at 213-863-9464.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and
exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by
attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to
be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition
to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He
updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He
also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about
dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last
long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of
Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary
goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry
and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly
skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned
his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to
prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that
your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!