Downtown Dental offers an alternative to traditional braces with clear braces by Invisalign. People who live or work in the Los Angeles area are invited to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mungcal to have their teeth alignment issues evaluated for this unique orthodontic therapy. Invisalign is not appropriate for all patients or all conditions, but is a pleasant and effective treatment for many with mild to moderate alignment issues.
Patients suited for Invisalign will receive custom-manufactured clear alignment trays. These fit snugly over the dental arch and should be worn at all times, except for eating and dental hygiene. Patients will receive a series of trays, which will be worn for a set period of time each – about two weeks – to progressively achieve improvement. Patients will receive their entire treatment under the care of Dr. Mungcal, so no outside specialists are required. Only minimal office visits are necessary to check progression of treatment.
• Removable aligner trays
• No food restrictions
• More comfort than traditional braces
• Only normal oral hygiene required
• Smooth and comfortable plastic aligners
• Fewer office visits
• Treatment may be complete in as little as 6 months to 1 year
• Overcrowding of teeth – which can increase risk of tooth decay and gum disease
• Wide spacing between teeth – may contribute to gum disease and lead to shifting of teeth
• Crossbite – can lead to abnormal wear of certain teeth, and increased risk of gum disease and bone loss
• Overbite – condition where the upper teeth overlap the lower teeth when bite is closed
• Underbite – condition where lower teeth protrude over top teeth; can lead to abnormal wear on teeth, as well as complications from TMJ
If Invisalign sounds like an exciting possibility for you, we encourage you to call us to schedule your personalized consultation right away. Find out how clear braces can improve your confidence by improving your appearance. The sooner you begin treatment, the sooner you will be able to achieve a healthier and more beautiful smile.
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan