Dental practice in Los Angeles, CA explains the benefits of Invisalign as an alternative to traditional braces
In Los Angeles, CA, patients seeking a dental practice that offers a variety of services under one roof are encouraged to visit Downtown Dental. Dr. Don Mungcal and his team are committed to the health, function, and beauty of patients’ smiles. Whether you are seeking general dentistry or cosmetic work, we can help! One of our highly desired treatments is Invisalign, an alternative to traditional braces. There are many benefits to Invisalign over conventional orthodontics for our patients to consider.
Many patients are interested in finding out how Invisalign works. Instead of using brackets and wires as traditional braces require, Invisalign uses aligner trays. Trays are made of clear plastic and are worn day and night to reposition the teeth. An entire series of trays is made from start to finish, and each tray is worn for two weeks at a time before progressing to the next aligner. The trays are removed for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. When patients comply with their treatment, they can completely change their smile, usually within a year or less, depending on the severity of their misalignment. Mild to moderate misalignment can be addressed with this method, as well as poor bite alignment.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Many patients in the area of Los Angeles, CA consider Invisalign because of its many benefits.
- Patients who consider Invisalign are often interested in a discreet treatment. The trays are clear and hard to distinguish from the natural teeth, making them highly desirable for both teenagers and adults.
- Invisalign uses amazing technology to create the trays from digitized impressions. The entire series is created from the start, so patients do not have to return to the dental office every two weeks to obtain their new trays.
- Patients find out how easy it is to use Invisalign, as well as how simple it can be to take care of them. By being able to remove the trays for brushing and flossing, many patients experience better oral health throughout the process, as they do not have to work around brackets and wires that are not removable.
- Invisalign provides fast results. Patients with mild to moderate misalignment can achieve their new look within six to twelve months in most situations with proper compliance.
- Patients find Invisalign trays to be incredibly comfortable. They are made of smooth plastic and fit precisely over the teeth without adding unwanted bulk. The smooth plastic is easier on the surrounding soft tissues, while many patients with metal brackets and wires experience poking and soreness around their brackets.
- Invisalign is an affordable option for many of our patients, often comparable in cost to traditional braces.
- Patients love the fact that they can continue to visit their primary dentist for their orthodontic treatment instead of starting over with another professional they do not already know and trust. Patients only come in about every six weeks throughout treatment to monitor their progress, but do not have to undergo adjustments of brackets and wires as patients do with an orthodontist.
- Our practice understands that some dental work can be costly for a family’s budget. We offer convenient financing plans for patients who need to space out payments to make their treatments more affordable. We work with individuals and their dental insurance companies to get them the best rate and to help them better understand the coverage they have with their insurance plan. We want patients to have the opportunity to improve their smiles without being hindered by cost.
Contact us to discuss Invisalign
Dr. Don Mungcal and the team at Downtown Dental are here to assist Los Angeles, CA area patients with a wide range of solutions for their smiles. If you are interested in finding out more about the benefits of using Invisalign over traditional braces, we welcome you to our practice for a consultation visit. Call our staff today at 213-863-9464 to schedule your visit at 255 South Grand Avenue, Suite 204. New patients are welcome to our state-of-the-art facility located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.