Proactive dental care is the first line of defense in maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile. At Downtown Dental in Los Angeles, California, that’s why preventative dentistry is at the heart of everything we do. Under the leadership of Dr. Don Mungcal, our dentistry team provides comprehensive dental care to help you and your loved ones obtain the healthy smile you deserve.
Common preventive dentistry procedures
Preventive dentistry involves activities that work towards preventing oral health issues. The intention of preventive dentistry is to keep your teeth and gums as healthy as possible. At Downtown Dental, below are the preventive dental services we offer to our Los Angeles, CA clients.
- Teeth cleaning: Brushing and flossing your teeth is great, but you need professional dental cleanings to complement at-home oral care. Teeth cleaning removes stubborn tartar and plaque by accessing hard-to-reach areas in your mouth.
- Dental exams: During dental appointments, Dr. Mungcal and our associate doctors critically evaluate your teeth, gums, tongue, and other tissues to look out for signs of gum disease, tooth decay, cavities, and so on. If we find issues, we devise a proper treatment plan to restore your oral health.
- Oral cancer screening: Our dentists examine your mouth to check for lesions, sores, lumps, and other irregularities that may indicate the presence of oral cancer.
- Dental X-rays: Digital images of your teeth and bones are crucial in identifying oral issues not visible with a naked eye.
- Advice on at-home oral care: Preventive dentistry starts with you. At Downtown Dental, we encourage our patients to follow at-home preventive dental care strictly. That includes brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and using a rinse like Listerine.
Why preventive dentistry matters
A combination of at-home and in-office preventive dental care helps maintain optimal oral health. Our preventative dentistry offers many benefits, including:
- Lowers the risk of gum disease
- Identifies oral health issues at an early stage
- Reduces costly restorative treatments
- Promotes optimal oral hygiene
Dental Exam near me in Los Angeles, California
Need a dental checkup in Los Angeles, CA? Why don’t you dial 213-863-9464 to book an appointment with Downtown Dental? Our preventative dentistry will maintain your oral health today and for years to come.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental School
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!