For 25 years, Dr. Don Mungcal has been caring for friends and neighbors at Downtown Dental in Los Angeles. With a wealth of experience, he helps patients find conservative solutions to TMJ disorders.
TMD affects life!
The temporomandibular joint is the most complex joint in the body. Chronic TMD significantly impacts quality of life with:
It is not “all in your head”
- Pain that radiates through the jaw, face, neck, and shoulders.
- Limited mobility or locking of the jaw that prevents normal eating.
- Clicking, grating, and popping sounds when the jaw moves.
- Bite problems that lead to unusual dental wear.
- Headaches, migraines, and insomnia that may influence mood, mental focus, and productivity.
For years, you may have tolerated well-meaning comments like, “TMJ pain is all in your head,” or “just relax and it will go away.” Dr. Mungcal understands that your discomfort is real! He suggests a personalized approach to rebalance the bite and alleviate symptoms. It may include adjustments to old dental work and a custom-fit oral appliance. This device, usually worn at night, realigns jaws to relieve stress on TMJs.