Life in Los Angeles, CA moves at the speed of light. It is a place where image matters, but it isn’t everything – action matters too. You have meetings to attend, deadlines to meet, and a jam-packed social schedule to keep. Every occasion, be it personal or professional, calls for you to be on time, at your best, and ready for a photo op. You need cosmetic dental services, top quality care, and convenience that fits your fast-paced lifestyle. If you’re nodding in agreement, then you need the top-rated service of Dr. Don Mungcal and the Downtown Dental team.
A broken tooth can ruin your day, and your smile. In the old days of dentistry, tooth damage or serious decay meant a metal cap. It wasn’t fast or convenient, and it certainly wasn’t discreet. Thankfully, dentistry has largely evolved away from metal-safe restorations toward tooth-colored materials, and most dental crowns are now made from porcelain. However, in many offices the process still takes several days or weeks. At Downtown Dental, we embrace the benefits of modern technology, and our office is equipped with a CEREC CAD/CAM (computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing) system.
We can design and create a full range of porcelain restorations, right here in our office, in just a couple of hours. The entire process, from diagnosis to restoring the tooth, can be completed in one appointment. Like any device, CAD/CAM has certain limitations, making it suboptimal in some situations. Because we are unwilling to compromise quality, we will only recommend CEREC restorations when they will best meet your needs. When an off-site ceramist is needed, we work with a premium-quality dental laboratory.
CEREC technology may be used for:
- Dental crowns – Walk into our office with a broken or badly decayed tooth. Walk out with a fully restored, natural looking smile. It’s that simple.
- Fixed bridge – If you need a fast fix for a missing tooth, this is the go-to solution. It is strong and stable, held in place by adjacent teeth. With CEREC, a bridge can be completed in a day, and the result looks just like a natural tooth.
- Implant restorations – Dental implants are tiny posts that support prosthetic teeth made of porcelain. Although the porcelain teeth may be created with CEREC, you should be aware that the full implant process includes several steps, and usually takes a few appointments.
- Veneers – One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services, porcelain veneers can improve the shape, color, size, or virtually any other characteristic of teeth. There are many options in styles and materials, though most are made from some type of porcelain. Full dental laboratories usually have more options available, so veneers are often made offsite. However, some styles can be created using CEREC.
Quick smile enhancements
You have a class reunion or once-in-a-lifetime interview coming up. There isn’t much time, but a winning smile is essential. What can you do?
- Teeth whitening – This is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures, and for very good reasons. It is economical, noninvasive, and doesn’t make any permanent changes to teeth. The concept is very similar to bleaching white linens – a specially formulated whitening gel is applied to teeth, and it breaks up stains. If you choose in-office whitening, only one appointment is needed, with instant results. A single treatment can lighten teeth several shades.
- Tooth bonding – This procedure uses the same material as cosmetic fillings, and a similar process. The tooth colored resin is tinted to precisely match your enamel shade. It is then applied directly to the prepared tooth, and then hardened with a curing light. Bonding can be used to cover permanent stains, blemishes, close gaps, or correct other cosmetic imperfections. The procedure is fast and gentle, completed in just one appointment.
Making major treatment work for you
Not everything can be done in just one day. Maybe you have serious oral health problems, want a full smile makeover, or need to straighten crooked teeth. The timeline might be longer, and you might need a few more appointments, but that doesn’t mean your life (or your smile) needs to halt.
We offer a variety of sedation options, which can allow us to perform multiple procedures in a single visit. When restorations are created in a laboratory, we provide interim appliances to keep you smiling. For orthodontic treatment, there is Invisalign, which is virtually invisible and allows you to eat anything you like. The list goes on and on. Most importantly, we respect your time and your need for a picture-perfect smile. Whatever your cosmetic concerns, our exceptional team will work with you to devise a plan the meets your goals and fits your schedule. Give us a call at 213-863-9464 to schedule an appointment.
Share this Article
Dr. Don Mungcal
Dr. Tara Mavadat
Dr. Ivan Chan
As the cornerstone and founder of Downtown Dental, Dr. Don Mungcal
is a proactive and
exceptionally talented dentist who is determined to contribute to the health and wellbeing of his community by
attending to their dental care needs.
With over 28 years of experience and service, Dr. Mungcal
makes it his responsibility to
be the best version of himself by being his patients’ go-to point for any and all dental concerns. In addition
to being meticulous in his work ethic, he is also an individual who understands development and change. He
updates and informs himself constantly through various continuous educational programs that he undertakes. He
also invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide world-class dental services.
graduated from UCLA
and the University of the Pacific Dental
and is presently a member of several acclaimed medical associations, including the California Dental Society
Dr. Tara Mavadat
was always passionate about
dentistry and is committed to helping patients achieve excellent oral health and beautiful smiles that last
long. Having earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific Dugoni School of
Dentistry, she focuses on comprehensive general dentistry with an emphasis on preventive dentistry. Her primary
goals are to provide comfort and quality as well as exceptional esthetic outcomes to every patient.
Dr. Ivan Chan
is enthusiastic about dentistry
and his patients' oral health and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care. He is a highly
skilled dentist who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego. He earned
his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chan has extensive training in general dentistry. He focuses on creating lasting smiles while attempting to
prevent gum disease and cavities. He looks forward to assisting you with all your needs while assuring you that
your trust is always in good hands, regardless of your needs!