Missing teeth can impact a person both physically and emotionally. They can take a toll on your health and leave you feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable with your appearance. In the past, the only option to replace missing teeth was with a dental bridge or removable dentures. With today’s advances in technology and dentistry, you can once again have a youthful and natural looking smile. Dr. Mungcal has been helping restore his patients’ smiles in Los Angeles with dental implants for over 15 years.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are secured into your jawbone. The implants are made of titanium and used in conjunction with replacement teeth to offer a fixed solution to missing teeth that functions more effectively than removable dentures. Dr. Mungcal and his team at Downtown Dental have seen the transformations of smiles and lives that come from receiving dental implants.
Discover if you are a candidate for dental implants
While dental implants are a widely used and effective treatment for missing teeth, they are not for everyone. Find out if you may qualify as a candidate to receive dental implants by reading through the following criteria:
- You are in good oral and general health.
- You are missing one or more teeth or have severely decayed teeth.
- You have a full developed jawbone and sufficient bone density. *
- You are unable to wear removable dentures.
- You have healthy gum tissue with no disease.
- You want to have a natural looking and feeling smile.
- A commitment to proper daily oral hygiene.
*patients who have lost a significant amount of bone in their jaw may still be eligible, but must first have a bone graft.
The following people are not good candidates for dental implants:
- You have chronic diseases such as hemophilia, connective-tissue disease, or uncontrolled diabetes.
- You are pregnant.
- You smoke heavily.
- Your jawbone has not fully developed.
- You grind or clench your teeth severely.
- You have had high dose radiation to the head or neck.
If you think you may benefit from a renewed smile with dental implants, make the call to Dr. Mungcal for an evaluation today. He and his team will work with you to discuss your options and develop a treatment plan that will fit with your needs and lifestyle. The road to a strong, beautiful smile starts at Downtown Dental.